I suggest you ...

Provide help with logging in or stop sending me emails

I have no idea what my password is. How do I make your endless emails go away?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminOAE Project (Admin, Apereo OAE) commented  · 

We are happy to announce that we have added the option to 'never' receive emails in the next release.

We have also added the option to reset a password if it has been forgotten (this is only applicable to institutions with local authentication - ie username and password, not your institutional, twitter or gmail log in details.)

Jordan Graham ( Community Manager, *Research)

Unfortunately at the moment only administrators can turn emails off completely, while users can only reduce how often they are received. Since this has been requested previously as well though I've created an issue to give users this option in a future release. Meanwhile, I've turned emails off for your Manchester University account. I'm sorry this is proving to be such an issue; as OAE is open source software we sometimes lack the capacity to solve user problems as quickly as we would hope.

Thanks,

Salla Karppinen
        OAE Project

• Lisa commented  · 

Please advise how to stop emails. I know my log in details but there is nowhere obvious to unsubscribe (only reduce the amount).

Thanks, Lisa.

Hello,

if your tenancy has local authentication enabled and you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the 'Reset password' button in the Sign in modal. If your tenancy doesn't have local authentication enabled, you should be able to log in with your institutional credentials like Google or Shibboleth.

Thanks,

Salla Karppinen
        OAE Project

Feedback and Knowledge Base